Re: A couple of euphonium questions.....

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Angry... on March 09, 2003 at 18:06:17:

In Reply to: A couple of euphonium questions..... posted by Heather McDown on March 09, 2003 at 14:42:33:

I just wanted to say to all of you that have responded to Heather's post, thanks for being negative. I personally have read them all and feel a lot of chipped shoulders out there. What good does it do to tell her she can't do exactly what she wants to do? And some of you kept saying over and over again that you would have to be a "virtuoso" player to do it. Thank you captain obvious! She knows that already and was only asking what she could do with a performance degree besides play in a military band. All you guys told her is what she will not be able to do. Heather, you can do it. Ignore these guys who say that you can't. And ignore the ones that say that it is impossible. Yes, there are not many people out there currently, that have a job teaching euphonium at the college level, but that is not always going to be the case. That will change with time and it will happen with people like you that want it bad enough. People that will not take "NO" for an answer. And it will happen when people stop listening to those who discourage you from doing so just because history thus far says that we can't. So to you who replied to her post, thanks for the discouragement! Hopefully she will not listen to it. Your jokes aren't funny either, because I am certain that at one point in your life you that joke have served those fries up as well. Determination. That is what it takes Heather. Never let up. That is what it will take to shut these people up. And in the end you will be a lot happier knowing that you gave it your all. Good luck wherever you go, and happy practicing!

Follow Ups: