Re: Re: Re: Shall tubas have their own scale systems

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Jeff Hildebrand on March 13, 2003 at 09:57:15:

In Reply to: Re: Re: Shall tubas have their own scale systems posted by Rick Denney on March 13, 2003 at 00:19:19:

I'm the returning rank amateur who started this lively discussion with a simple request for suggestions concerning whether I would be better off getting a BBb or a CC tuba.

Let it be know by the entire TubeNet community that I appreciate the views, opinions, comments, suggestions, and admonitions of BOTH Rick and Klaus.

Although this discussion seems to have zeroed in on issues of intonation, there are several issues someone like me needs to consider when buying a tuba. I was interested in things like relative cost and availability of BBb/CC tubas, ease of learning a new fingering system if converting to the CC, and what differences I might expect if I were to get a CC, since I have never played one.

Some of those questions actually got answered!!! (Although you need to read between the lines a little to find them.)

I decided to get a BBb tuba for now. I found a reasonably priced, recently overhauled 10J, that sounds quite good for a 3/4 size horn. This should serve me well while I "shop" for a nicer future acquisition.

Jeff "I want to hear more about Rick's linen draperies" Hildebrand

Follow Ups: