Re: Concerned about my future

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Jude on March 14, 2003 at 21:31:44:

In Reply to: Concerned about my future posted by Julian on March 14, 2003 at 01:49:37:

You know, it never ceases to amze me how people insist on telling young people like yourself all the reasons why you shouldn't do something that you love. When I was in High School all I heard was, "Don't go into music, do something sensible and secure." During college we spent more time in music ed classes talking about how to advocate for our programs than we did learning how to develop our programs. Every time the economy gets tight all of the "Chicken Littles" come out to tell us the sky is falling. Bottom line? I've never failed to get a job teaching music when I wanted one. Now, I taught in some pretty crummy places at times, but I always made the best of the situations I was in and better opportunities always came my way as a result.

Do what you want, work hard, and things will work out. Let the wussies that "can't hang" go find their "safe and sensible" jobs and be happy with the well worn paths.

Jude

Follow Ups: