Re: Re: Concerned about my future

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Playdough on March 15, 2003 at 00:21:24:

In Reply to: Re: Concerned about my future posted by Jude on March 14, 2003 at 21:31:44:

Hmmm. Looking at the posts, I can't see how you can say ANYONE is telling Julian "all the reasons why [he] shouldn't do something that [he] love[s]." I guess I came the closest to that (but still a durn site from it), so I'll have to go out on a limb and assume you meant me. But are you serious? I just made a case that being fulfilled in a job is not the same as being fulfilled in life. I quite clearly said that only HE could make the decision whether a lower paying but more fulfilling job is the thing that will make him happier. Are you afraid of Julian hearing different points of view?? If his desire to teach is so tenuous that hearing pros and cons sends him scurrying to accountancy, does he have the passion to be a great teacher? It's no sin if he doesn't, by the way. I've seen guys who got into their 40's who regretted going with their heart more often than I've heard of guys who regretted going with their head. I just think everyone needs to consider the WHOLE PACKAGE of life, not just how their paychecks are earned.

Joe Baker, who is a little tired of having spurious messages ascribed to him.

Follow Ups: