Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Poor HS Student in need of Euphonium

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Dean on March 24, 2003 at 22:40:25:

In Reply to: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Poor HS Student in need of Euphonium posted by JoeS on March 24, 2003 at 21:42:57:

Ahh,

there we go. You made a constructive post.

Going into debt is not a "bad" thing, it is quite necessary, as I am definitely finding out this week trying to buy a house...

I recommended the student loan, because, as far as debt goes, it cant be beat. Payments can be deferred easily by staying in school, and the rates are top-notch. My point was, if he was going to go into debt, stundent loans are the way to go.

I bought my horn through student loans. Guess who is paying them off? The US Army. :) That equals one free Willson 2900 for me. Can't beat that, in my opinion. I am not advocating that R.A. join the Army, but certainly $4000 extra in student loans is a very viable option--loans that he can pay off later, in his professional career, where his work to income ratio will be much more comfortable.

Why work 600 hours now to purchase something when he can take out student loans, pay that same amount off in 100 hours of work--when he begins his career--whatever that may be...???

And, he can use that 500 extra hours practicing, studying, etc., so that when he graduates with whatever degree, and extra-high marks, he will be an undeniable asset that is immediately hired... something to think about.

Follow Ups: