Re: Re: Re: Bb or CC for college

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Matt G on March 27, 2003 at 11:35:17:

In Reply to: Re: Re: Bb or CC for college posted by Rick Denney on March 27, 2003 at 00:40:28:

Rick,
Unfortunately, those Yamaha's do sell for more than thier competetion ('fone 186's, MW 25's) by a decent margin. I wouldn't buy a Yamaha new unless I had some sort of connection (like a friend of mine did with the BBb comp.) or could get a good used/new demo (did that for my first CC a YCB-822S).
That YBB-641 is a funny critter. It probably has the most variance horn from horn out of any brand I've dealt with. On the other hand, their piston tubas are pretty darn consistent.
But the most of the YCB-641 CC's I've played are pretty good. Good enough to make me wonder why they quit making them.

All this advice is easily replaced by a few phone calls to the prosepctive university where this student may be attending. This might even help if another student at said school is looking to sell off his "learner's CC" for a better model.

I think a few dollars in long distance bills could easily make up for any mistakes made on buying/selling/trading tubas!

Matt G

Follow Ups: