Re: Cerveny vs Allora?

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Jacob on March 01, 2004 at 21:10:51:

In Reply to: Cerveny vs Allora? posted by Chis Locke on March 01, 2004 at 08:17:04:

Im one of the few I suppose that plays a cerveny, I play a 681 school horn.

There are three horns, all of which play pretty much the same, only difference is one seems to be quite a bit larger then the other two, its pretty obvious.. when you play it or put it in the case(tighter fit) im guessing they came from different factories.

As far as playing, i by no means have a great ear, but I've played a cerveny 681 since 9th grade, which in 9th I placed 1st band 1st chair (AT) jr high all region, and this year as a junior in highschool I once again placed 1st band 1st chair highschool all region, and proceeded to go onto state and shoot myself in the foot.. but thats another story =^p.

I hvae really no complaints about the horn, they say it dents easily but since i haven't played other tubas in highschool life I cant really compare.

I do have to say, at state i tried a few tubas, and I liked the rotars on mine the best, and I believe one of the horns was a meinl weston, and the valves just seemed SO clanky.. compared to mine anyway.

Only thing I would like to improve on, is how loud it likes to play. I believe alot of this would be *me* but i'd still prefer to have a larger bell, such as the 686 which is what im *considering* as buying as my OWN tuba.

me and my cerveny beat out all kinds of tubas, yamaha's, meinl westons, jupiters, VMI(C) as well as many others.. its been a great horn in the time i've used it and I really havent' had any problems, besides the fact the slides have been stubborn since I've had it, and the 2nd wont' come out. Then again this happened from lack of care I believe they'd be fine if they were properly taken care of.

Well thats my .02cents.. for what its worth..

Jacob

Follow Ups: