Re: Studying abroad

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Heres some info on March 05, 2004 at 05:18:36:

In Reply to: Studying abroad posted by Luke on March 05, 2004 at 01:01:01:

Roger Bobo is at the Royal Northern College of Music. I'm a euph player and he is amazing! right now he only comes to college once a month for a week and gives lesson to the tubas and sometimes lessons with the euphers when Steve is away, he'll also give masterclasses. As far as tuba's and playing styles here in England Besson rules they mostly use BBbs and Ebs the ones that look like really large euph with the valves up top. I have not seen anyone use a front action piston valve tuba ever. But I am sure that they are used somewhere. In europe they use the front action tubas more often, except for brass band playing. As far as playing styles, if its like the euph world the playing style is compleatly different but its good to learn a different style. I personally like the "British" way of euph playing and will bring that style back to the U.S. when I get home (I'm American by the way). Plus living abroad will be an adventure and experience. It will be really difficult at times but it will be fun and interesting also. If you have any question don't hesitate to ask, I'm not a tuba genius but I can let you in on some secrets and info.

Follow Ups: