Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Calling All Hirsbrunner Owners...

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Todd Morgan on March 16, 2004 at 20:21:22:

In Reply to: Re: Re: Re: Re: Calling All Hirsbrunner Owners... posted by Rick Denney on March 16, 2004 at 15:53:27:

Thanks for the instructions. If I do have one made, I will be sure and print off your instructions. I think it will help me to better explain to a machinist what it is I am looking to make.

Since the 52/56J thumb ring is removable, I am hoping to have a short threaded stem attached the under-side of the flat plate that you described which is attached to the underside of the ring. I "may" have the threading made so that it fits a standard size machine screw (3/8" perhaps) so that I can use a regular nut with a nylon end. If I chose to use that kind of nut, the ring will be harder to remove, but still be remov-able and adjust-able. (If that makes sense)

Shifting gears: How hard is it to find rubber washers? I asked at a local Home Depot and they said "Uhhhhhhh....check plumbing." Plumbing had very few. All of them had very small holes in the center. There were NONE in the hardware department. Any advice?

-Todd Morgan

Follow Ups: