Re: HAPPY TUBA DAY!

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Randy Mac Iver on May 04, 2001 at 11:36:03:

In Reply to: HAPPY TUBA DAY! posted by Andy Miller on May 04, 2001 at 10:00:38:

Hey Andy,

I have been attending the International Tuba Day events held at Millersville Unv. in Millersville Pa since 1994. I haven't heard of what is going on this year for Dr Sy Brandon has retired from Millersville and I do not know if his predecessor has chose to take up the cause. Strange story but true is that Joel Day the founder of the Holiday attended Lower Merion High School in Pa and in 1979 Decorated the Band room and had the first International Tuba Day Celebration. His Band Director at the time was Mr. Chuck Neidhardt who is a very good personal friend and still teaches in Methacton School District in Pa. He and I co ordinated the first TUBACHRISTMAS held in Lansdale Pa this past December and plan to do so again this December 2001. Chuck and I are both members of the Montogomery County Concert Band here in Pa and still love to get together and play Tuba just for the Joy of it (although if given money I will gladly take it). If Dr Sy Brandon can't continue to sponsor an International Tuba Day event then I would probably find a way to make it happen here in Pa some way. You may wish to get a note to Joel Day to find out about hosting an International Tuba Day event in your area. His web site is
www.joelday.com/TubaDay/homepage.html I believe the music is available from the Tubapress.
Now take the rest of the day off and make music with your Tuba!

Randy Mac Iver

Follow Ups: