Re: Re: Warren,Willson or B&S Parantucci-help me

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Matt S. on May 04, 2001 at 12:46:06:

In Reply to: Re: Warren,Willson or B&S Parantucci-help me posted by David M. on May 03, 2001 at 17:16:25:

I've got a Willson 3050, and I find that, for me, it doesn't have a bright sound. When I first got the horn, I went from playing a 4/4 King to the 5/4 Willson, so I really didn't know how to fill it up. I've been playing on it for about 1 1/2 years now, and I really love it. I have yet to play a better horn. I use a gold plated Marty Erikson ME-4, which I bored out, and I find that it really compliments the horn. It's a very large mouthpiece, almost too large, but I have large lips, and I think that it's a perfect combination for me. The backbore is now a little larger than a Deck 3, but the cup is deeper, and wider. It doesn't cost as much as the Deck either (always a plus). The low register is wonderful, and the upper register sings. Of course, it's all up to the player. If you try it and don't like it, then that's it. If you have any specific questions, you can always email me. Hope this helps.

-Matt S.

Follow Ups: