Re: Re: Dear I.T.E.A.

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by big mouth... on May 17, 2002 at 14:35:47:

In Reply to: Re: Dear I.T.E.A. posted by You'll love this! on May 17, 2002 at 13:57:15:

Okay, I can't pass this one by...
Can't anyone ever see anything positive about this organization? So much time is spent venting about how everything sucks so much, how can anyone actually see any changes or improvements being made? If everyone is "quitting", chances are the results will not be seen by those individuals. As a member of the group, yes, I admit some things are not handled as well as they could be, but what about the things that are? Dennis AsKew and his staff, as well as other former ITEC hosts, have busted trying to put on conferences for ITEA members, (and consequently non-members as well) for little or no recognition or payment! I think the powers-that-be are doing their best to improve the organization as they see fit, and simply "venting" about problems will not fix them. I am sure people like Harvey Phillips did not have this in mind when investing time and effort into founding TUBA. My feeling is that all of this is disrespecting those people as well. I'm not saying anyone is 100% innocent, but maybe if everyone worked together rather than tearing down what we have things might improve.
Just my opinion, flame if you will.
Oh yeah, might they mention some of the new changes at the ITEA conference???
But then again, it might not be "worth it." (sarcasm)

Follow Ups: