ALABAMA SYMPHONY

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Terri on May 17, 2002 at 22:40:44:

It’s been a couple of weeks since I’ve seen an Alabama Symphony posting.
I suppose everyone has discarded that one. The alebama sym is in contract negotiotions and apparently aren’t getting a raise, or at least much of one.
No wonder, who wants to support a bunch of whackos that are devouring each other?
Last I heard, they were now considering hiring a bass trombone instead of a tuba. Why did they fire the one they had??? He was a finalist or semi finalist in lots of big orchestra auditions til he quit the audition biz. I heard him several times in the last couple of years and he sounded great.
What’s wrong with those people?
I do know what’s wrong with Westerfield, the conductor, he is so insecure that he thinks he can divert attention from his own shortcomings by attacking the musicians.
Why doesn’t he fire the ones that really suck, like the 2nd trombone or 2nd trumpet or 2nd clarinet? The first fr horn player’s sound sucks, the 1st trumpet cracks notes etc
It turns out that he picked on the bass bone guy because the UNION PRESIDENT who was also chair of the orchestra committee and chair of the appeal committee and is the 1st french horn wanted a tuba so they could have a brass quintet, and he recommended doing to this to the bs boner because he wouldn’t take any more of his crap!
Anybody have more?

Follow Ups: