Re: Re: Standing w/ a Getzen

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Brent Herhold on May 20, 2002 at 15:38:22:

In Reply to: Re: Standing w/ a Getzen posted by Bill on May 20, 2002 at 01:24:22:

As I've written before re this problem, I've had excellent results using a Bluenote Strap.
I called them directly in Sacramento, CA. and they had it out to me a couple of days.
For years I used the strap that came with my Mirafone 186, but I always had to support the horn with my left hand, with my fingers crammed in at the bottom bows. I play ALOT of standup gigs and over the years I even developed a "trigger" middle finger; I could not even snap my fingers with my left hand. All of this has changed since using the Bluenote. I have attached the strap using the bottom d ring for the "bottom" of the strap and the "top" of the strap is attached at the upper bow where my left hand would typically hold the horn if sitting. (You are supplied with small connecting straps that wrap around the bow.) Now the horn hangs suspended in such a fashion that it is completely supported by my upper body, freeing both hands to play the horn. You could actually finger the horn with your right hand a play tamborine with your left (if you were so inclined.)

Regards,

Brent

Follow Ups: