Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Our business

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Taxes for Arts on May 05, 2003 at 22:16:25:

In Reply to: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Our business posted by Joe Baker on May 05, 2003 at 21:31:37:

Exactly!
You obviously were paying attention.

I would hope that ALL "industry captains" would conduct themselves in a respectable and fair manner (wait a minute, didn't President Bush call for the same accountability a few months ago). Then maybe ENRON (and other companies in like situations) would still be thriving companies. And its employees would still have their jobs, retirement plans, 401k's and such. And even better, they would have the means to support, at an even greater degree many arts programs.

You made my point very well in spite of me. Corporate scandal and mismanagement hurts us all. From the employees lost income and livelyhood to the lost donations that result from an unhealthy balance sheet, or worse, a failed corporation.
By the way, I re-read all the previous posts, and no one made mention that ALL corporate officers, captains, leaders were bad. You might want to review the posts again yourself.
I do remember someone explaining what an assumption is a while back.

Enough said.

We're all out here holding a good thought (and a few prayers too), that this economy will improve, and that the financial health of our orchestras will be restored.
As well as offering our limited financial support too (ticket pruchases and donations).

Follow Ups: