Re: Re: Save the Louisville Orchestra

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Wait a minute... on May 13, 2003 at 01:16:00:

In Reply to: Re: Save the Louisville Orchestra posted by here it is on May 12, 2003 at 23:09:23:

This schmendrick in charge of "the fund" gets an annual $258K salary from a NON-PROFIT ORGANIZATION!?!?! Sounds pretty damn profitable to me! Where can I get into a racket like that? Perhaps a by-law change in the fund's operating procedures is necessary. Something like whoever is in charge must take the same pay increase/decrease percentage that the average joe artist has to take/receive. Think you'll be taking salary cuts then? Tie HIS success into the success of the organizations that benefit from "the fund." If they can't afford to pay the people that are working to provide the artistic incentive for the fine folks of Louisville to reach into their pockets, then they sure as hell can't afford a $258K salary for any one person. Shoot, that buys you a full-time percussion section's salaries at a living wage. (knowing that there is currently only one full-time percussionist in the LO) I think this guy must've gone to business school with those Inron crooks.

Daryl, just what percentage increase has HIS salary had since 1995? Pretty good, I'll wager.

I hope that your organization is actively pointing out that the funds donated on the pretense of supporting tho LO actually went into the bottomless cauldron of the vast and mysterious "fund." You'll see some benefactors with torches, pitchforks and lengths of sisal.

My e-mail to the aforementioned schmendrick will be sent tomorrow after I have a chance to sleep off some of my revulsion and get it down to a more manageable level of disgust.

SD

Follow Ups: