Re: Re: Re: Performance Major and Marching Band?

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Bryan on November 14, 1999 at 04:27:20:

In Reply to: Re: Re: Performance Major and Marching Band? posted by MBD on November 14, 1999 at 03:03:58:

I have read all your posts, and have come to the very sad conclusion that you are indeed a marching band director. The best directors I know are passionate about their work, and do not have any chip on their shoulder (these people are, strangely enough, generally musically tallented and are naturally motivating people). Based on your posts you demonstrate none of these qualities. If your band is the height of musical culture in your area, then I am sad for your students. That you can afford to super-size your order doesn't change the fact that the person who is taking your order is doing an honest day's work for an honest day's pay. I'm not convinced that the same can be said for you.

The original post presented a great opportunity for you, a self described marching band director, to present the bennifits of marching band: personal acheivement, teamwork, school pride, community awareness, fun, memories, the list could (and does) go on and on. I hope that Jeff will be able to come to a decision he can live with, and be able to justify it to his teacher, whatever that decision may be. I'm afraid that MBD was no help in this area.

Follow Ups: