Re: Please Indulge Me (***LONG***)

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by ken k on November 21, 2001 at 19:30:31:

In Reply to: Please Indulge Me (***LONG***) posted by Dave on November 21, 2001 at 15:24:11:

Tuba players are not really that different from any other people. They are a microcosm of sorts, complete with the full spectrum of personalities, just like your soft ball players analogy. Every profession has them. I am a public school teacher by day and we have our share of burnt out teachers just putting in their time until retirement. We also have (thankfully) many (majority I still say even though the media would have you believe otherwise) who are genuine in their efforts to help youngsters grow and learn and grow to be learners. There are teachers who have to do it by the book. there are teachers who teach from their heart. (Right brain vs. left) Unfortunately, we also have those who disgrace teaching. You would think in a community of fairly well educated professionals you wouldn't have that, but you do. It is just human nature. Obviously it is just a very small minority who spoil it for everyone (I know, I am starting to sound like a teacher now, sorry!).

On the whole I think tuba players are a likable bunch, probably since many of us have come from similar backgrounds and experieces, such as being in bands in school, etc. But we must remember that not everyone is the same or will share the same opinions. And overall I would say that probably is a good thing. (Otherwise who else would buy those lousy rotary valved horns)

ken ;^) k

Follow Ups: