Re: Please Indulge Me (***LONG***)

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Scared on November 21, 2001 at 23:26:08:

In Reply to: Please Indulge Me (***LONG***) posted by Dave on November 21, 2001 at 15:24:11:

Just wondering...

Why is it that the more important topic here is that playing tuba is a job, a chore, or an excruciatingly painful ritual? I'm not trying to "flame" anyone, I'm just curious as to why it matters what kind of difference you're making on the world. To me, the only thing that matters is what kind of difference the world makes on you... how you react to life's daily tests, and what you learn from them. So why do we try to turn our passion and pulse into a "job"? I'm going to go into music no matter how dry the market is, because if it weren't for music I'd be dead, or dying. I'm going to direct a high school band, and I'm going to wake up every day and love it. I'm going to write music with pleasure, because it makes my heart beat, it's what I am. So why is the sociological factor of music so important? Just curious.

Sorry about this being so long, I didn't expect it to be, but my hands just started typing. =^)

Devin

Follow Ups: