PT-20's and MW-2155

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Andy on November 30, 2002 at 13:44:56:

Hey everybody it's another discussion about what horn to get. whoo hoo! These are 5 horns that I am going to be choosing out of to be my next horn. I think I have narrowed it down a little more to the PT-20 and MW-2155. I'm sure at least a few tuba players on the board have a PT-20 or MW-2155. So what are the good and bad points about each of these horns? Are there any problems with the horns that are really major? And just overall which is the better of the two from your opinion?

Does it make a difference what company makes the mouthpiece that I put with the horn? Currently, I am using a PT-36 on a St. Pete, and it suits me pretty well. I'm still in highschool so should I get a PT-88 mp, or something smaller? I don't need alot of cushion on the rims, but I do need a little bit. I heard that the PT-64's are pretty good for all around playing. But I don't really know alot about mouthpieces. But anyways, just looking for suggestions and experiences with those two horns, and whatever you want to say about mouthpieces. Thanks

Andy

Follow Ups: