Re: Re: Re: Re: simple answers

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Rick Denney on November 05, 2003 at 17:58:21:

In Reply to: Re: Re: Re: simple answers posted by Jarrod on November 05, 2003 at 10:38:12:

I wonder that it was Mr. Baer who won three auditions in a row this year, with many of the same competitors (at least at two of them). Were those committees all looking for the same flavor? If so, maybe that's the flavor those seeking positions ought to develop a taste for.

Joe has a tendendency to speak his mind in an unvarnished way, without the usual evasions that have become so prevalent in modern discourse (see sig). He does so with some ruthlessness, but you should be comforted that he is as ruthless with his own playing as with others. Of course, that his approach may seem brutal or that he is pointing out his own scars doesn't make what he says any less true.

There are many things I wish I was, and I know what keeps me from being most of them. Those deficiencies aren't any easier to overcome just because I can identify them, and they aren't any less real just because others don't notice them.

Rick "sort of defending js, so, like, ya know, he won't feel attacked" Denney

Follow Ups: