Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Best tuba for under $2500?

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Brad on November 15, 2003 at 20:02:31:

In Reply to: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Best tuba for under $2500? posted by Here it is...(sorry) on November 15, 2003 at 19:50:31:

I am not exactly like the other tuba players. I actually care and take care of my instrument, even if it ain't mine, and I would not let it get dented or dropped. I need a more professional model because of the 6 Dynasty's we have, none of them have the responsiveness I need for the more complicated music my class plays.

My band director has already said it would be pointless and stupid to not allow me my full potential because no one else wants to, that's why he want's to buy me a better tuba to play. It will only be allowed to be used by the top tuba player at school, so when I graduate, if there are any new tuba players, the top player who cares the most will be allowed to play it.

I'm one of the 20 that will be marching next year, so I'd like to play a real instrument, not a plastic Sousaphone, or a leaky little Dynasty.

The band director has already made it known that I am the only player who can play the tuba I pick out. I picked out the best condition Dynasty we have, and when and if the other players who are slightly irresponsible, he yells at them and forces them to put it back.

I plan on going to college on a music scholarship, although I don't plan a career in music, but I'm certainly not in band because it's an easy A class, but because I actually care about music, unlike most of the people in the band program.

Follow Ups: