Mouthpiece problem

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by RC on October 11, 2000 at 00:28:51:

About may, I bought a new mouthpiece. I really love it. Recently though, I've been getting sores around the outside of my mouth from playing, and it really hurts some times. I've played on three or four different mouthpieces since I started, and I'd never had a problem. A few years ago, I was getting rashes from weraring watches, and from belt buckles. It turned out I was alergic to cobalt and nickel. Since I hadn't had a problem before, I didn't consider this when I bought my new mp. I went to see my docter and he thought it was probably an allergic reaction to the mp. He gave me a perscription for some cream, and it helps clear it up, but every time I play it starts to come back. So now I guess I need to do something about this. I guess there's the possibility of getting another mp ( plastic? any good?), or else the possibility of gold plating or silver plating, unfortunatly expensive options. The mp I'm using is a Warburton Arnold Jacobs. That's what it says on it. It's a tulip shape if that helps. I bought it at Long and McQuade Music in Toronto. Does anyone know what it is made of or have any suggestions of what to do? If the gold or silver plating is what need to be done, then it'll be the only time I'll wish I played the french horn or the trumpet.

Follow Ups: