Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Small shank mouthpieces

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Klaus on October 19, 2001 at 05:40:50:

In Reply to: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Small shank mouthpieces posted by js on October 19, 2001 at 00:04:46:

This posting of yours gave me answers of the type I was out for.

Both of us more or less seem to have a qualified view on Yamaha instruments insofar that we know what to go for in which situation.

I have told of the strengths I find in their line of models. I also have told of the weaknesses I have found in the models, that I know of.

If I should put my views right to the brink of, what they can bear in a supposedly objective environment, then I would say, that Yamaha is operating out of a worldclass technical culture. I am less convinced, that they work out of musical tradition, that is congruent with mine.

Basically I find, that Yamaha instruments are on the dull side, lacking in expressivity and format. Somehow I ascribe that to their yellow brass formula.

Which somehow ends up being the right thing in their 641 euph, when combining it with exactly my way of playing. That instrument, and the 12" Hirsbrunner, can hold up to my airstream. Other makes have responded like clay or like rattling nail boxes. My red brass 631 flugel is less typical for Yamaha, but still is the right thing for me.

Without being too indiscrete, I think you have not written Yamaha off in all cases relevant to yourself.

That this thread has taken a less pleasant twist is the result of an attempt to play interpreter between you and me. Which is is less than necessary and less than called for. Especially if it is carried out by a person, who is well aware, that I out of personal experience do not endorse his business principles.

Klaus

Follow Ups: