Conservatory Auditions

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Andrew P. Welborn on October 20, 2001 at 21:58:34:

Hello!
I am an aspiring young tubaist looking to attend a conservatory or the like. I was wondering what some of you played to get into these schools(ie. solos, exerpts, etudes)... Curtis, Juilliard, Manhattan, Peabody, NEC, Cincinatti, Oberlin, Eastman... you get the idea:) I am very interested in attending one of these schools. Being a junior in high school I am starting to do research on prospective schools and i would really appreciate any information anyone could give me...all information is welcome and recieved with an open mind;^} I would also like to know about the atmosphere at these places. I am mainly interested in pursuing an orchestral/solo career. If you would like to email me PLEASE DO!!!..i am really dying to talk to some students in these schools!!!
I know who teaches at most of these schools... i want to know the students perspective on the environment, ensembles, and such. Also... what equipment did you use for your audition? About how many tubaists audition? What was the audition like?

I would really appreciate any info! ;^)
Thanks
Andrew

Follow Ups: