Re: Meinl Weston F tuba price

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Tom B. on October 07, 2002 at 09:16:08:

In Reply to: Meinl Weston F tuba price posted by tubadad on October 07, 2002 at 08:02:15:

As others have said, $7,000 is steep for a used Meinl Weston F tuba. I believe the 45SLP is around $4995 new and their rotor models (45SLZ, 45S) are about the same price. The old Meinl Weston 45 (just 45, nothing else) is a great German rotor F, but good luck finding one. The 45 is the model that I would go with if I absolutely had to have a Meinl Weston. However, I don't believe that any Meinl Weston F could command $7000 used.

For that kind of money, perhaps you should have your son look into the B&S Perantucci F tubas. The PT-15 is a latest F tuba they have come out with and they are fantastic. David Fedderly has a used one at this time for a bit over $5000. The PT-10 is another great choice...they are nearly identical to the PT-15 and are able to be had (used) for something between $4000 and $6000 depending on age and condition. I just purchased a great used PT-10, and couldn't be happier with it...I like it much more than any Meinl Weston F I have tried, but to each his own.

Follow Ups: