Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Seattle

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Ike H. on September 14, 2000 at 12:35:46:

In Reply to: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Seattle posted by Joe Baker on September 13, 2000 at 12:05:55:

OK, sorry, I was feeling a little curmungeonly at 1 a.m. after a late gig, and didn't mean to sound like I was looking down at people making an honest living at whatever they do. I'm merely trying to put things in perspective. Oh, BWT, autoworkers are probably the most entrenched union people on earth and have benefits, etc. out the ying-yang from what I understand. Our union has NO benefits, apart from a small pension fund that is only covered by a narrow band of work, does NO hiring, and is only as effective as whoever happens to be in office at the time. It is, however useful to be a member if you're doing on-the-card sessions, TV and movie work, jingles, etc. that are covered by union contract. I'm by no means a big pro-union activist, but in a field of work where there are so many uncertainties and no guarantees, it helps to have some sort of body to enforce some guidelines along the way.
I saw an interview with Richard Dreyfuss where he was talking about "Close Encounters" the other night. He though it was a film that would be watched 100 years after we're gone. How long will a Ford last?

Follow Ups: