Re: Re: Seating Question

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by eric on September 07, 2001 at 16:19:39:

In Reply to: Re: Seating Question posted by Sean Chisham on September 04, 2001 at 20:12:30:

Hi Sean,
So far all we've seen is replys to my counterpart who would be playing with me as the second tuba. He's going to be playing second tuba on the Rite of Spring with me too. Well, I would love to play the first part and have Andy on second. If it is a question of sound I think it is very important to have the tuba sound in very important forte/ff sections that the second tuba is not playing in. I have a very nice E-flat tuba which I would be very comfortable playing the part on, if the conductor wishes there to be a smaller sound (which it isn't all that much different of a sound). On the other hand the euph player is amazing and I consider it a privelage to play with him any chance I get. The only problem is he doesn't have a chance at balancing the bass trombone/tromb. section (and a forte orchestra) during forte+ sections which I don't play in.
Has anyone considered that not just the tubas are modern instruments, but the dynamic of the whole orchestra has changed since this pieces composition?

Follow Ups: