Re: Trip to Missouri

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Bruce H on September 03, 2002 at 09:08:19:

In Reply to: Trip to Missouri posted by Daryl Hickman on September 02, 2002 at 22:06:30:

It was great meeting Daryl in person after several weeks of e-mails and phone calls. I bought his 983 about a month ago. That is a great horn that is a lot of fun to play. When Daryl called and said he was passing through town and would like to stop by and toot on my 186 I told him he was welcome anytime. After playing on the horn for a while we went to Smokehouse BBQ, the best BBQ joint in KC. Then we came back to the house and played duets and talked for a couple of more hours. The time flew by and we had a great time. Daryl has some great stories to tell about the horn repair business. By the time he left I felt like we had been friends for years. The only mix up was that I thought Daryl was flying out that night so I did not offer him a place to stay. I won't make that mistake again.

If anybody on this list is passing through KC and you have a few hours, an afternoon, or a day to spare, drop me an e-mail and we'll get together. You don't even have to bring your horn, I have a couple of spares laying around you can use. The BBQ is most excellent.

Follow Ups: