Re: Tubists and women

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Women Tubists More on September 04, 2002 at 22:22:17:

In Reply to: Tubists and women posted by Volker on September 04, 2002 at 09:55:39:

We have some really gorgeous tuba players these days of all ages.

Some gorgeous pro players and teachers as well that just flat play incredible.

It is truly nice to see this side of softness, gorgeous and such talent playing wonderful music on an instrument that is so underrated by many.

Most people I know that hear my tuba CD's of groups, tuba/euph quartets and solos are amazed and can not believe it is a tuba playing.

I play tuba and make music like anyone else on any other instrument. Why is ours Different.

I have been going to ITECS since the very first one when I was in college and am amazed at what has happened with our instrument and players and music. It truly amazes me.

Only one thing has disappointed me in being a tuba player and it has gotten worse and not better as time has gone by. I do not see it changing but only getting worse with the teaching and ideas of the tuba teachers in colleges now.

Time will tell and I hope to grow old and post here again hoping that it will get better and not worse and that ideas change as well and this prejudice retreats to where one just plays music and it does not matter on what instrument one plays whether brand or key.

Follow Ups: