Re: Opposition to New Ideas

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Brian Frederiksen on September 06, 2002 at 09:50:33:

In Reply to: Opposition to New Ideas posted by Bill Nazzaro on September 05, 2002 at 16:10:58:

Using 85% of the total intellect for the mental aspect of music has not been a radical approach to music (Song). Where Mr Jacobs was controversial was when he first started applying his knowlege of physiology into his teaching - this is what was radical! At that time the tight gut theory was the norm and he was advocating relaxation of the musculature.

He told me that in his early days of teaching he had to be more technical in his medical descriptions than in his later days. This was to get through to some people that his ideas were based on the study of physiology. While he did not tell me of what opposition he had, there was (and there is still) opposition. Much opposition comes from those who say "My teacher said it was this way." Many did not know what Mr Jacobs was advocating or how he came to his conclusions. Maybe they were not interested in a change of ideology, maybe they just didn't care.

After he developed a reputation he was able to simplify his ideas being less technical. Guess this had something to do with acceptance.

Follow Ups: