Re: Stands

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Pat on September 16, 2002 at 11:52:54:

In Reply to: Stands posted by Eric Howard on September 15, 2002 at 21:42:22:

I have a Conn 20J and holding it is chore. I have found the best way for me is to set cornerwise on the chair so the horn can set on the corner of the chair also. The problem then arises that it wants to slide around and is setting where it will easily go on the floor if it slides the wrong direction. This solution may sound a bit flaky and also may not work at all with your tuba. I cut a piece of thin plywood about 5" wide and 12" long and cut a 5' X 5" piece out of a mouse pad. I glued the mouse pad upside down on the end of the plywood. I set the plywood on the chair where the end with the rubber mouse pad sticks out over corner both directions about an inch or so and put my leg over the other end to secure it when I sit down. I can balance the entire weight of the horn on the board and it won't slide around. This may sound a bit crude but it seems to work well, and if you use nice plywood, round the corners, stain and varnish it etc. it shouldn't look bad at all. I cut mine so it could fit down inside the horn for storage when the horn is inside the case. It's small, lightweight, portable, functional, and CHEEP.

Follow Ups: