Re: What was I thinking???

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Dr. Phil Golson on September 24, 2002 at 09:56:28:

In Reply to: What was I thinking??? posted by code red on September 24, 2002 at 07:16:37:

I just laughed and laughed at this posting by Code Red. Brings back some amazing memories of low brass luck--South Carolina v. Marshall, about 4 years ago, and the Marshall Band had their portion of a half-time show with the sousa line making a blind-back-up move into a form. Well, as you might guess, the guy in the very rear caught his heel, tipped completely over backward, and in the ensuing pandemonium, each and every sousa player moving into that form tangled into a pile of bodies, bent metal, and uniform hats that delighted the home crowd no end. In the video shot from the very heights of Williams-Brice Stadium, you can hear the ambulances coming in the next several minutes as one fellow got messed up pretty bad.

Then there was the Sousa player in our GameCock Band that was walking down the steps of the stadium, stepped funny, and the sousaphone bow over his shoulder slipped and jerked, throwing the guys' shoulder out of joint. I had to accompany him (band g.a./slave) to the emergency room for the remainder of the evening, and since it was late at night, to call his very sleepy and groggy parents to get permission for him to receive treatment.

Don't know that I ever had bowel movements during rehearsal, but then again, to each his/her own :o)

Keep the stories comin'!!

Phil
Tuba/Euph Prof.
Wind Symphony Director
UW-La Crosse

Follow Ups: