Re: Re: WHAT TUBAS ARE YOU USING FOR SOLO WORK?

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Wade (BRAVO!) on September 24, 2003 at 19:19:42:

In Reply to: Re: WHAT TUBAS ARE YOU USING FOR SOLO WORK? posted by Wade on September 24, 2003 at 18:52:36:

Just reread my post, and it came off all wrong.

I meant that my being given the chance to play as a soloist five times in one year is a whole lot. I am worried about having over-committed myself in light of my normal schedule with five recitals on the docket.

And soloing five times in a year (or less . . . mostly less) means that, if I do something special to make things more "soloistic", I might change a mouthpiece. But I believe in the firmly in the dictum: Buy your equipment and learn to play it well in all settings.

Sorry about the unintended pretension in the above post. ("Wow! Guest Artist five times; who does this guy think he is? What a jerk!" I think that I am very blessed to have won the small gig that I do have. The reality of our field clearly implies that I will probably never win another one.)

Forgive the appearance of a lack of humility on my part. I might argue a point until I am blue in the face, but I am not one of those guys that tries to beat you over the head with my supposed playing abilities.

Sorry.

Wade "untooting my horn" Rackley

Follow Ups: