Does anyone share my opinion?

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Steve on February 08, 2000 at 01:30:01:

It is my opinion that many people who reply to questions are too opinionated. I always see people write about how someone should get this horn or that. Isn't that up to the person buying? How can we judge what a person will like or won't like? To say that a (you fill in the blank) is the best tuba on the market is totally a matter of opinion and should not be rammed down someone elses throat. I understand that many of us have strong beliefs about this company or that, but one man's trash is another man's treasure. If a person asks about a specific horn or our opinion about a general brand, we should reply by giving our own personal experiences with that company, not what we've heard from a jaded and biased source. Often I see people "horn bashing," and that's just wrong. Someone, like me, can like a $9,500 horn as well as a $15,000 horn, but someone else may prefer the more expensive one. We need to remember that we are not the ones who will be playing this thing. The end user needs to make the decision without a lot of "help" from anyone else. I love this site, but we need to show the love a little more. A humble opinion is one that makes a person think; an inappropriate one is the one that makes a person second guess if their judgement is best. Can I get an AMEN? Steve

Follow Ups: