Re: Does anyone share my opinion?

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Jay Bertolet on February 08, 2000 at 09:15:05:

In Reply to: Does anyone share my opinion? posted by Steve on February 08, 2000 at 01:30:01:

"The Cerveny and St. Petersburg may sound nice, but they are throw away horns. They are very flimsy and are made of extremely thin brass. The reason that they are cheeper is that they are not made as well. Sorry to be the party pooper, but this is the honest truth."

"Often I see people "horn bashing," and that's just wrong."

"It is my opinion that many people who reply to questions are too opinionated."

Steve,
If you are offended by my reaction to your recent post about Cervany tubas, I am sorry. But please read what you wrote above, taken from your recent posts. Especially in the first quote, does it say anywhere in there that these are your "personal experiences"? Do you list any specific examples to back up your claims? In fact, you represent your statements as "the honest truth". In my opinion, if you are going to make statements about what is "the truth", you better be able to stand behind your statements and with hard facts to back you up! People come on this BBS everyday and post questions about various makes and models with the hope of hearing what people think about one horn or another. And when these people elicit our "help", the users of this BBS post what they think. Most of the posters are very careful to include in their statements words to the effect of "in my opinion". I hope you see and understand the difference between saying "in my opinion" versus saying "the honest truth".

I agree with you Steve, we as a community should "show the love" as much as we can. But don't make incendiary statements and then cry foul when people respond in kind. Me thinks the kettle doth call the pot black...

My opinion for what its worth. (There's that pesky phrase again) :)

Follow Ups: