Re: TRAVEL ALERT

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Kevin on February 25, 2002 at 02:54:19:

In Reply to: TRAVEL ALERT posted by David Zerkel on February 24, 2002 at 20:35:35:

I personally would not ship anything FedEx. Some folks may remember my earlier postings regarding how an unscrupulous eBay seller chose to ship a helicon from Bulgaria to the US wrapped only in a FedEx bag, and the damage that FedEd inflicted upon the horn as a result of this decision. For those that don't remember, FedEx generously offered $57.00 to cover about $2,000 worth of damage THAT THEY COULD HAVE PREVENTED by requiring that the helicon be packaged correctly. When you add this to their often poor attitude regarding home deliveries, it doesn't add up to a great deal.

I will say that I've had fantastic experiences with Amtrak, UPS and of all folks, FedEx Ground, (formerly Roadway Package Systems), which apparently makes Saturday deliveries! Having either sent or received horns by all of the above methods, IMO, Amtrak is the best choice as they are the most cost-effective and they have no size or weight restrictions that would matter for a tuba, so you can package to your hear's content.

Follow Ups: