Re: Re: Opinion on a horn please

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Jm on February 04, 2004 at 20:23:54:

In Reply to: Re: Opinion on a horn please posted by Observer on February 04, 2004 at 20:15:17:

I would love to, if I could.. I live in a small town in arkansas and the last time i mentioned that i was interested in tubas (AT) our local music store the guy looked up some conn I believe and quoted me a price..

I dont' know of anywhere around me(north arkansas) who has tubas to tryout, or tubas in general in their place. Im hoping I make state I can see if my fellow tubist will let me tyrout their horn during breaks..

Also as far as brass bands, I knew they played treble music however I thought they made Bb Eb F AND C parts for tubas? But then againn when I said brass band period.. I meant in some kind of group in general however a brass band is from what i understand the thing to do if ure out of college and still want to play.. so yes most likely that willb e the case unless i end up playing in something else..

I know my list of horns were to the extreme, the cerveny is more so a last choice.. and i mean they've treated me well so far.. the wilson and hb2 are more of the if I find one used for a good deal and can talk my parents into it.. and the miraphoen 186 is just a good tuba overall and would prolly be my most likely purchase.. just then depends CC or Bb.

Also, I figured silver and gold had no difference in tone or playing, I just personelly find a silver tuba much more attractive then gold.

Thanks for your opinion ! =^)

Follow Ups: