Re: Has anyone bought a horn on ebay?

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by GaryS on January 14, 1999 at 00:33:16:

In Reply to: Has anyone bought a horn on ebay? posted by Chuck Shorten on January 12, 1999 at 12:19:22:

Haven't bought a horn, but I've seen some very good horns that went for a very reasonable price. I do bid on many computer programs and woodworking items. The key is to know your products. How much is is really worth. Don't fall in love with it, if it goes too high, quit bidding. If I ever buy a big ticket item such as a tuba or euphonium, I would pay the price to use one of the escrow services. You send the money to them, they then will notify the seller who ships you the instrument. After you get it, check it out to be sure it's what you expected it to be. If it is, you notify the escrow company who sends the seller the payment. If it is not, you notify the escrow company that you are returning the horn. When the seller receives the return shipment, he notifies the escrow company who then returns your money. You'd probably have to stand the shipping both ways as well as paying the escrow company. Most of the better insturments have photos, of course that's not going to show a dent on the other side, but I've noted that most sellers describe the horn accurately including dents.
Read the description carefully. With care, I think you can do well on ebay. Gary

Follow Ups: