Re: Re: Re: Re: CC tuba

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Sean Chisham on January 24, 2000 at 07:36:45:

In Reply to: Re: Re: Re: CC tuba posted by A Guy in CA on January 24, 2000 at 02:40:11:

If my memory serves me correct, didn't the Perantucci stamp start to show up on B&S at just under 20 years ago? The previous B&S's were made in communist East Germany. Might explain part of the difficulty in meeting your test of a good horn. Miraphones have been in production for much longer. Doesn't make them a better horn though. If that were the case, then Cerveny would be a clear winner.

Lowest bidder stencil horns? Even if that false accusation were true, what would it have to do with why so many individuals find them to be among the very best horns available?

If your qualifications for a quality instrument lie in the age of the manufacturer and a cheaper price without the benefits of constant evolution from research and experimentation over many years, then buy your Miraphone and be happy.

If your criteria are instead the absolute best instrument possible in todays market for use as a professional artistic tool, then take the Pepsi Challenge and do a "taste test". If you still choose Miraphone, then congrats. If you choose something else, such as, dare I say, a Perantucci'ed B&S or a newer Willson or, goodness no, a younger Getzen G50 then don't feel too guilty.

Even the newer horns, designed with the consultation of professional artists, can service individuals very well.

sean

Follow Ups: