Re: Re: Re: Re: Mike Finn m.p.'s, & m.p.'s in general

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by B.G. on January 21, 2003 at 22:17:27:

In Reply to: Re: Re: Re: Mike Finn m.p.'s, & m.p.'s in general posted by Chuck(G) on January 21, 2003 at 21:08:17:

I find the 983 to be really well in tune. Then again, I'm used to playing Bessons in general. I'm 6'0", but I have long legs and a short trunk, relatively speaking. I don't have long thumbs either, so I would had to have gotten the thumb throw on the Willson relocated farther forward as well. I've had decent success placing my left hand through the 983 horn to operate the 4th valve. In fact, I played three full days of Oktoberfest that way (we're miked). Believe it or not, that's actually more comfortable for me than the 3 + 1 setup of my former horn.

I don't want to rag on the Willson - that's not the impression I want to give. I'm obviously an exception. However, if I ever decide to go an Eeefer that's that large again, I'll look for a good 3/4 CC instead. For me, that's an issue of low end fingerings. At this point, I really need a good 5/4 CC (or big 4/4), but need to continue putting money down on credit card debts each month first. That's where I'm at.

Barry

Follow Ups: