Re: United Baggage Charge

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Brian Frederiksen on January 30, 2003 at 08:10:21:

In Reply to: United Baggage Charge posted by Daryl Johnson on January 30, 2003 at 07:44:08:

For a few years I have traveled to various conferences with two 70 pound bags of merchandise - worked out great. This past weekend I flew American to DC with the 50 pound limit. To help beat it, I packed my carry on with heavy stuff but had to ship stuff in advance. On the way back my checked bags were over 50 pounds but talked my way out of a charge since the ticket was bought Dec 4, the day they announced it.

Last night I was planning trips for the next conferences, KC and Boston. I'm actually thinking of flying Southwest. Their baggage policy is three bags of 70 pounds each! It seems United and American used the new baggage search policies to lower the weight but it seems they did it just to hit $25+ charges.

Luckily I do not have to bring a horn with me to these shows but I don't know of any horn/case combination that weighs less than 50 pounds. Looks like every time you fly with a horn you better bring your wallet.

Follow Ups: