Re: Shipping for a Monster Sousaphone?

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Gus Pratt on July 02, 2000 at 23:08:21:

In Reply to: Shipping for a Monster Sousaphone? posted by Kevin Eckelkamp on July 02, 2000 at 20:07:09:

Hey Kevin, I'd been thinking about how a person could march with that thing. I think the best thing you could do is develop a harness of some sort, similar to what tri-tom players use. Have the weight of the horn some how supported by both shoulders and maybe even your hips (to help reduce back problems). I assume you won't start marching with it until school starts in September. Basically what you'd want is to sort of have a sousaphone chair type device attached to a harness to even out the weight of the horn, so that all the weight isn't resting solely on your left shoulder. Currently I don't know of anything on the market. I might be interested in working something up for you, just to see if something could be made. Cost to you would only be for supplies, with a maximum of $50, and a requirement that you take pictures of yourself holding the horn using the harness. Email me at guspratt(AT)webtv.net if you think you might be interested.

Follow Ups: