Shipping for a Monster Sousaphone?

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Kevin Eckelkamp on July 02, 2000 at 20:07:09:

Hello my fellow BBSers!
I know some people maybe shocked (Paul R. Ogushwitz to name one), but I (the skinny 15-yr old high schooler) have just purchased the Buescher Monster Sousaphone with the 31" bell and .770 bore!! It is a long story, but nevermind. I was wondering what method of shipment I should use for getting this Monster from Detroit to St. Louis? I know AMTRAK is a favorite among you guys and I and the owner are wanting to use AMTRAK also. How much would it cost to send it? I think it is like $30. I went to the AMTRAK website and was slightly confused! This seems safer than Greyhound or UPS, and definitely safer than the airlines (he got the Monster through American Airlines and one side of the box was smashed in, but no harm was done to the Monster thanks to a lot of bubble wrap). Any specifics on the AMTRAK shipping are appreciated, but you can e-mail me if you have questions about the post-eBay events of the Monster!;^)

Sousaphonically,
Kevin "almost pissed my pants when I found out he would sell it to me" Eckelkamp

Follow Ups: