Re: Re: high schooler buying a tuba

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Joe Sellmansberger on July 07, 2000 at 23:01:29:

In Reply to: Re: high schooler buying a tuba posted by Doug on July 07, 2000 at 21:34:51:

Doug, that is not only unethical, but indeed only a turd would do that.

Just a couple of weeks ago, I'm pretty sure someone pulled something similar to that on me at eBay. I suspected at the beginning that something was up, due to the incredibly high bid and an abundance of what I call "Yankee-jawin", but I was bound by "eBay code" to send the instrument to them, since they (FINALLY) paid in full. Of course, a week or so ago, I got a very long "Yankee-jaw" on my answering machine explaining why they were returning the instrument for a refund.

Doug, I have to believe that you really wouldn't behave like a turd. Please don't encourage others to behave in that way, either, unless you hope to consistantly be treated that way yourself. (Surely your parents didn't teach you to think like that!?!)

Some of my colleagues and I have a term (that we consider very derrogatory) which describes this abusive customer thought/action system. We refer to that sort of scum as the "plays-out-of-tune-in-the-upper-register" crowd.

Follow Ups: