Re: Yamaha revelation

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by why? on July 25, 2000 at 16:47:41:

In Reply to: Yamaha revelation posted by Matt G on July 25, 2000 at 15:35:47:

If the BB flat Yam you played is the professional model (not the custom model) and I believe it is, nobody I have talked to agrees. I played one for about five years, and I once used it for an audition. There was a low A flat in a fast, and it dropped to a pedal E flat! Needless to say, it being a fast pasage, I couldn't recover and the fingerings being played in the wrong register screwed the passage! This has happend to three other people I talked to! Later I tried to find out why it slipped down, and discovered that the low A flat virtually does not exist! I thought at first that it was just my tuba, but every Yam BB flat I play is the same way! (remember it happend to three other people that I know of!) Perhaps the CC's are better, but I'm not willing to risk the money one of those things cost, or the money to fly to an exhibit with some, to find out! But, if the Yam you played was good for you, go for it! They are less expensive than a lot of other tubas out there. (but there is probably a reason for that) -Have fun!

Follow Ups: