Re: Re: Musician's life in the Military

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Chuck Jackson on June 17, 2003 at 21:11:55:

In Reply to: Re: Musician's life in the Military posted by what a shame on June 17, 2003 at 19:50:16:

I don't usually get my dander up, but it is. You have nothing to bitch about. You never had to walk a 12 hour gaurd shift in the stultifying humidity of a Korean monsoon, had to drive 8 hours to play one tune at a CofC in some God-forsaken part of the country. Commanders who equated rank with intelligence, you get the rest. I am ABSOLUTLEY SICK OF PEOPLE IN PREMIER BANDS SPEWING SOUR GRAPES. Sorry if your gig wasn't the Chicago Symphony or a top-flight chamber group. You were getting paid to play your horn and didn't have to put up with the typical line band BS. I served 11 years, loved and hated every minute of it, and would never denigrate the experience. I am sorry, but you are a whiner, through and through. I hate to think that the impressionable young on this board are going to get even more jaded than they possibly could by reading this tripe. If you didn't like your time, march on smartly. You were one of the chosen few who made it to DC, some of us mere mortals appreciated the fact they had a full time job playing their horn for a living. Sean, you will probably delete this, but maybe a little reflection is in store. COUNT YOUR BLESSINGS, YOU COULD BE SELLING SHOES.

Chuck

Follow Ups: