Re: G/CB-50 Owner Survey

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Dave on March 08, 1999 at 11:39:21:

In Reply to: G/CB-50 Owner Survey posted by Matt Chin on March 08, 1999 at 10:18:39:

Hey Matt. I don't own a getzen but maybe I can offer some advice on the valves. If your valves are tight, maybe this blurb will help. I own a MW 2155 with incredible valves. They are machined very close (they fit tight). That leads to great compression (my first valve slide literally shoots back into place when I pull it without depressing the valve)! I had problems with sticking in the beginning because those tight valves wear down the viscosity of the oil, much like a car at high rpms. I tried all different kinds and I believe I have found a winner, at least for my horn.

I've started using the Hetmann synthetic products and am floored by the results. They offer different kinds of oil for horns of differing age and condition. If your valves are tight, a heavier oil will just gum things up. You need a thin oil that won't break down; an oil with high viscosity. The Hetman "light" piston does the trick for my closely-built valves.

Hope this helps...

Dave

Follow Ups: