Re: Re: Re: Re: Memorial to the BBS

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Steve H. on March 22, 2004 at 00:15:48:

In Reply to: Re: Re: Re: Memorial to the BBS posted by Old Slowfinger on March 21, 2004 at 08:59:21:

I count myself with those who resist change. I bought my first computer around 1988 so I think we should still use the command line. We could go on line then, but the large servers were intra-nets instead of the inter-net. To access a forum like this, if it were available at all, most of us would have to dial long distance on painfully slow modems. Then the internet came along and made forums like this more accessible. Were it not for change, this site might not exist at all!

Now I will again list the advantages of the new format. First of all, those who want to buy or sell a horn post in a separate section. That means if you are not in the market for a horn, you don't have to scroll through "horn for sale" post. And if you are, they will be listed together in one place. Second, active threads come to the top. We don't have to scroll inactive post to read new messages. The new software also provides private messaging and keeps e-mail addresses hidden. I sure there are more.

Change is inevitable, especially in technology. Embrace change or be left behind.

Steve

Follow Ups: