Re: Re: Why has the value of my horn decreased?

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Brian on May 16, 2001 at 13:45:40:

In Reply to: Re: Why has the value of my horn decreased? posted by Who agrees with me? on May 16, 2001 at 09:31:46:

Not to kick someone while they are down, but.... I too was nearly swayed into a Kalison from Vince. Because I lived 6 hours away from him, I had to make a Saturday appointment, and drive to a friend's house several hours away after work that Friday night. To get the appointment, I had to lie, and assure him that I would purchase a horn that day!. Anyways, his "Used car salesman" tactic was not well taken, though I liked the Kalison horn at the time. I then ventured several months later to Dave Fedderly, and was wooed with MW, HB, and PT horns. I would eventually make a purchase from him (HB-21 used), and would discourage anyone to deal with TE. The kicker? Vince told me that the Air Force band had just purchased 7 new Kalisons. After meeting with Dave, he told me that the AF tried giving them back, due to the unpopularity!! Whoops, Vince did not tell me that!

Moral: Both men are in business to ultimately turn a dollar, but it is principle that counts, and what swayed me to purchase from BB instead of TE.

Follow Ups: